UKAS is seeking an experienced and dynamic individual to work as an Assessment Manager for the Construction Certification Sector (product and management system certification). This is a challenging and satisfying role, providing the opportunity to work in the public interest for a world leading Accreditation Body.
It is expected that the successful applicant will:
- Have experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Certification of products to the Construction Products Regulation (CPR)
- National Highways Sector Scheme (NHSS)
- ISO 9001 Certification of businesses in the construction sector
- Operation of certification bodies to ISO/IEC 17021 or ISO/IEC 17065
- Be educated to degree level or equivalent in a relevant discipline, with a keen interest in quality management and continual improvement
- Be customer focused and have excellent communication skills
- Ideally have experience in third party auditing or assessment with a mind-set of adding value
The individual appointed will be responsible for managing the accreditation of certification bodies throughout the UK and overseas. They will appoint assessment teams, participate in assessment visits as either a lead or a technical assessor and provide support on both technical and policy issues.
The position involves extensive travel with frequent overnight stays.
If you would like to discuss the details of this vacancy please contact Sam Giles on +44 (0)1784 428766 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please see www.ukas.com for a job description and details on how to apply.
The closing date for applications is 31/03/2017.