National Role, Offices in Derby
£60,000 to £70,000 plus benefits package
The Board of the British Pest Control Association is seeking an exceptional candidate to be their next Chief Executive.
BPCA is the professional trade association for the public health pest control industry. Its 750+ members protect the public and businesses from damage and contamination by pests, covering the whole supply chain from manufacturers and distributors of pest control products, servicing companies through to consultants and customers.
At an exciting time in its development, BPCA is seeking an exceptional senior association management professional to help shape, and then implement the next strategic planning cycle and to continue the association’s leading position in the marketplace.
The role of Chief Executive involves:
• Strong leadership of a team of 16 staff (office and field based)
• Financial oversight of the Association’s activities (c £1.3m turnover)
• Lobbying and political skills; increasing our influence in Westminster, Brussels and the devolved parliaments
• Liaison with other associations, our members and their customer base
• Company secretarial role to ensure sound governance
• Board and committee management
• Close working relationship with and support for the President
The role involves significant UK and some international travel. Regular visits to BPCA HQ in Derby are essential.
Letters of Application with CVs are now sought from interested candidates. Following initial interviews a Board selection panel, chaired by the BPCA President, will convene to make a decision in December.
Questions and requests for further details about this vacancy should be directed to our recruitment consultant, Niall Campbell, (tel: 07795 564187 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org) who is happy to have an informal conversation at any time.
To download the information pack go to:
Closing date for applications 10.00 am 16th November 2017