UK Home or West London Head Office Based
UKAS is a one of the world’s leading accreditation bodies delivering confidence in the competence of organisations to government and the private sector. The role of Engineering Section Head provides an excellent opportunity to join a growing organisation that is at leading edge of innovation in providing accreditation.
The successful candidate for this varied and challenging role will be responsible for the delivery of accreditation and assessment services to customers from a diverse range of engineering fields, including: Engineering Inspection, Materials Testing, Engineering Sector Certification, Mechanical and Dimensional Calibration, Consumer Product Testing & Certification and Environmental Engineering.
Specifically the role will be responsible for:
· Ensuring the delivery of a technically rigorous, high quality assessment service to the sections customer base which meets customer and stakeholder expectations;
· Line and performance management of assessment and senior assessment managers;
· Business planning and development including section specific policies and procedures;
· Profit and loss (budget) management;
· Management of relationships with key stakeholders, other operational sections and business functions;
· Ensuring adequate levels of trained and competent internal and external assessment resources to manage and deliver engineering sector assessments across the business.
The successful candidate will have the following skills and experience:
§ Operating within service orientated organisation ideally from the Testing, Inspection, Calibration or Certification Sectors;
§ Demonstrable ability to line and performance manage technical and/or scientific staff;
§ Understanding of conformity assessment standards such as ISO/IEC 17025 or ISO/IEC 17020 and how they can provide confidence to stakeholders;
§ Experience in P&L management;
§ Experience in change management;
§ Be educated to degree level in a relevant engineering or scientific discipline;
§ Excellent interpersonal skills, being able to communicate effectively with customers, staff and management at all levels;
§ Ideally hold membership of a relevant professional institution;
- Ideally have previous experience of managing a remote based workforce.
Whilst the role has the potential to be remote based, there is an expectation of regular attendance at UKAS head office to meet and liaise with colleagues across the business. A reasonable level of travel and nights away are to be expected. During an initial training period (2-3 months) regular attendance at UKAS’ head office is expected (travel and subsistence expenses will be covered).
Please see www.ukas.com for a job description and details on how to apply.
The closing date for applications is 28th April 2017.