Supporting Engineering Excellence
Location: York, North Yorkshire. UK
Pay: Competitive, depending on experience
Deadline: Monday, 25th September 2017
Profile of Individual
York Association Services are looking for a well organised and confident person with an attention to detail to join the Association of Electrical and Mechanical Trades secretariat. The successful candidate will take responsibility for the success of the association’s conference, awards, training, and regional events. They will have a confident phone manor and not afraid to regularly call members to encourage them to participate. They will also have good sales & marketing abilities to promote our events online through websites and other channels. The job will also require the booking of flights, conference rooms and accommodation internationally. The candidate will be able to take initiative researching and contacting speakers, and booking locations for events, and able to travel occasionally to support our events.
What is the AEMT?
The Association of Electrical & Mechanical Trades (AEMT) supports and promotes the service and repair industry. Our members manufacture, distribute, service and repair equipment such as electric motors to factories, utility, and food companies, and many other industries. It is made up of a council of members representing the industry, a president/chairman and secretariat. The candidate will be joining the secretariat, a small team whose office is based in York. Visit www.theaemt.com to learn more.
Your Role in the AEMT
Your responsibilities will be varied and include:
• Event and Conference management ensuring high attendance levels and successful events are staged.
• Undertaking research to identify delegates, venues, speakers, activities, etc.
• Developing all written material and communications
• Liaising with hospitality providers
• Using e-marketing to execute campaigns including analytics
• On-site events coordinator
• Helping maximise events opportunities from memberships and partnerships
• Ensuring all delegate related data is accurately captured
Monitoring event budgets
Other duties may include:
• Supporting the advertising, PR, and marketing for the AEMT
• Ensuring delivery of training materials on time
• Posting on social media
• Liaising with suppliers such as printers, AV & staging, photographers, videographers.
• Building and maintaining contact lists.
The Candidate will be joining a small growing administration team, with a friendly and open atmosphere.
The trade association’s secretariat is a growing team with the potential to be running your own department one day.
Key Qualifications and Experience
• Previous event and corporate hospitality management experience
• Ideally a professional services background
• Excellent organisation skills with a methodical approach and attention to detail
• Great communication skills and an ability to work well with others
• Confident, outgoing and able to influence at all levels
• Ability to work under time constraints and prioritise work load
• Excellent written and spoken English.
• Excellent understanding of the Microsoft Office Suite, including Excel, Word and Outlook at a moderate-advanced level.
• Experienced with website content management systems, with a competent understanding of html and css.
• Experience in eMarketing campaign design and implementation including writing and producing newsletters on platforms such as mailchimp and a good understanding of using social media as a marketing tool.
How to Apply
Please complete the online application form here. https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/KKHKLJM
Thomas Marks on email@example.com or call us on 01904 674 895 for more information.