Salary circa £45,000 plus OTE bonus, plus pension and private healthcare
25 days holiday (plus statutory)
Location Bloomsbury, WC1
Hours 9.30 – 5.30 Monday – Friday plus limited evenings and weekends.
UK Fashion and Textile Association is the most inclusive British network for fashion and textile companies in the UK. We bring together designers, manufacturers, agents and retailers to promote their businesses and our industry, both in the UK and throughout the world.
We are looking for a dynamic, self- motivated person with plenty of initiative and a desire to learn and get involved to join our small, but very busy, team. You will play a vital role helping to drive membership and raise the profile of UKFT.
Working with the rest of the UKFT team, including line management of the Membership Executive, you will be responsible for a wide range of tasks from growing our membership, to liaising with our stakeholders to delivering our events and seminar programme.
You will be joining the team at UKFT during a period of growth so there is the opportunity to increase your role within the organisation. Potentially, this could include becoming involved in our export programme and/or our lobbying activity.
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, this would be perfect for someone who excels at event co-ordination, communications, engaging with fashion and textile companies and being involved in multiple activities. This is also target focused role and your performance will be measured and rewarded on sales and income growth.
• Manage our membership recruitment programme – from a continuous development of our membership offer, to identifying targets to closing sales. Our members range from start-ups to textile manufacturers, from growing brands to major international retailers.
• Working with the UKFT team, develop and maintain regular contact with existing and potential members. Including attending all meetings with new and existing members, preparation of Board reports, chasing membership payments etc
• Identify revenue opportunities from the membership offer, the UKFT seminar and networking programme, our sponsors and our links to other service providers such as energy brokers, insurance companies etc
• Maintain and promote our database of UK manufacturing companies and liaison with our manufacturing advisor.
• Liaison with key partners and organisations.
• Act as the key point of reference for technical queries from members.
• With support from the team, you will organise and attend the UKFT seminar and networking programme. We currently run over 30 events a year, from informal gatherings, accredited business development courses to large industry events.
• You will manage UKFT’s attendance at all UKFT events as well as all the UK based fashion & textile exhibitions. You will represent UKFT at UK trade shows.
• You will attend overseas trade shows to assist the export team to support our exhibitors
• You will be responsible for managing the work and performance of the Membership Executive.
• Working with the Communications Manager and the Membership Executive to significantly increase our Social Media activity.
• Delivering news and information for inclusion in newsletter, website etc
• Contributing to all marketing activities.
• Good general educational background, particularly English and Maths
• A high level of proficiency in English (written and spoken) is essential
Experience and knowledge (essential):
• Experience carrying out effective membership engagement, event planning and delivery and marketing support in a busy office environment,
• Experience of the fashion and textile industry
• Experience of trade organisations.
• High level of proficiency in Microsoft Office software packages, particularly Word & Excel
Skills and ability:
• Excellent organisation and time management skills with the ability to prioritise and plan own workload
• Ability to work independently and use initiative to work autonomously
• A confident and professional approach and ability to work under pressure
• A team player who demonstrates initiative
• Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate with a wide range of people and build strong internal and external working relationships
• Ability to produce accurate work to a high standard and pay close attention to detail
• Ability to maintain confidentiality at all times
The closing date for applications is 28th April 2017. To apply, please send email your CV along with a covering letter explaining why you are interested in the position and would be suited to the role to firstname.lastname@example.org